Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
We have a growing number of children and babies who we are glad to have as part of our church family. We hope that our provision for children will help to point each one of them to Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
On a Sunday afternoon children can expect…
- To meet with our whole church family at the start of the service, and join in with some songs and prayers. Also there will usually be a children’s slot aimed at the youngsters but helpful for us all!
- After a short while the children will go out to their groups with their leaders.
- Babies and toddlers are welcomed into our crèche area where there will be helpers to play with and look after them. This leaves parents free to join in with the main service. There will be toys, games and a story and snack time.
- From the term after a child turns 3 and until they’re at the end of their reception year at school they will go to Sparklers with their leaders to have fun learning about Jesus from the Bible with games, crafts and even a friendly monkey puppet called Sparkey!.
- Children’s Church is for children in Y1-Y6. They go to the scout hut near church for their group. There they will usually be thinking about the same teaching from the Bible that the adults are learning about. This means parents and children can chat about it on the way home or during the week. Within Children’s Church, children are split into 3 different age groups wth age appropriate games, craft and teaching to help them think about the truth from God’s word.
- Pathfinders is for children in Y7-Y9 and they have a 3 week rotation of activities. For one week they stay in with the adults to listen to the sermon and follow along with a companion sheet. One week they will serve in one of the ministry teams such as crèche or tech. And for the other week they will go to their own Bible study group.
Visitors are always really welcome and children are free to join in with as much or as little as they feel comfortable. Contact Sarah for more details.